Bafoussam is one of the towns in Cameroon which you need to discover during your trip to Africa. Here, you will be able to see for yourself the true meaning of the word Safari. In Mfou, Cameroon, different kinds of wild animals roam freely along the vast lands of Cameroon. They are a little scary at first, especially the lions and cheetahs, but you will head home with a life time of memories because you have experienced how it was to be in the wild. they house one of the best five star hotels in the local vicinity where you can pamper yourself after a long day of wild. The area of Mefou National Park includes a primate santuary which is run by Ape Action Africa. They have ambitious plans for protection of these endangered primates through the education of Cameroon’s next generation. The gorillas, chimpanzees, and other monkeys are housed in large natural areas. The walk through the grounds and jungle is just wonderful. Its essentially a great ape sanctuary. Large cages and shelters for different Cameroonians apes and monkeys, all of which is managed by conservation people living in the camp. The road to that camp is not great so 4×4 is nice to have.
Great Ape Tour
Rainforest in the Conco bassin – Gorillas, Chimpanzees and Forest Elephants
South east Cameroon, 14 days Adventure Tour
Douala – Kribi – Campo – Ebolowa – Yaounde – Mfou – Bertoua – Douala
- 1.Day: Arrival in Douala. We pick you up. Meeting and briefing. Overnight in a Hotel in Douala.
- 2.Day: Citytour and drive to Kribi. Overnight in a Hotel in Kribi.
- 3.Day: Free day to relax at Kribis endless Beaches. Overnight in a Hotel in Kribi.
- 4.Day: Daytour along the Lobé Waterfalls, Rainforestexcursion in the Campo Maán Nature Reserve. Overnight in Hotel.
- 5.Day: Daytour to Belabo, We visit Sanaga Yong Chimpanzee sanctuary. Overnight in a tend.
- 6.Day: Expolre the camp and see the work done with the chimpanzees. Evening at the camp. overnight stay in tend.
- 7.Day: We drive to Bertoua-Yokadouma and visit the Lobéké Nationalparc. Overnight in the tend in Camp Kombo.
- 8.Day: Rainforest excurions in the Lobéké Nationalpark. Overnight stay in tend.
- 9.Day: We visit a Pygmäe village, Cakoaplantations etc., Overnight stay in tend.
- 10.Day: Daytour to Yaounde. Overnight in a hotel in Yaounde.
- 11.Day: Free day in Yaounde.
- 12.Day: We visit the Mfou Nationalparc. ( Gorillas, Chimpanzees and many other primates) Overnight stay in Yaounde.
- 13.Day: We visit some local markets und there is blendy of free time. Cameroonian party at the evening, overnight stay in Yaounde.
- 14.Day: The last day is free, transfer to the Airport.
By your participation with WPE Eco tourism you directly support projects for nature conservation. A part of the income is a benefit for the WPE nature conservation projects.
Relax in Kribi. Explore Rainforest und magnificent waterfalls at the atlantic coast, Rainforestexcursions, Gorillas, Chimpanzees und forest Elephants, Cuture and trdition in Pygmae villages,
- 1L of water each
- Pick up and drop off to and from Douala airport
- English speaking tour guide
- fees for boat tour
- Entree fees for national parks and events
- lunch and dinner during the tours
- Airline ticket
- personal expenses
- fees for photographs in national parks